Should I Have Rather Been A Poem?


Should I have rather been a poem,
Whose language does flow so sweet
Or, whose words did touch a soul so deep?

Should I have rather been a poem,
Whose birth did make is writer cry,
Or, whose sorrow did make another sigh?

Should I have rather been a poem
Whose humor makes one laugh like a clown,
Or, whose anger turns a smile upside down?

Should I have rather been a poem,
Whose anguish brings tears to a readers eyes
Or, whose message held in it a hidden surprise?

Should I have rather been a poem,
Whose pain can make else's drift away,
Or whose journey seeks refuge in another day?

Should I have rather been a poem
Whose suggestive power forces a spirit to move,
Or, whose diction will heal and soothe?

Should I have rather been a poem-
A poem who has not one of these to call its own?
I shall not rather be a poem,
For its beauty, to me, would never be known.

 ©2000 Nancy M Roberts






Joining:
Under the Table and Dreaming 
The Tablescaper
 At The Picket Fence 

French Country Cottage
romantic home

Charm of Home

A Daily Cup w/ Mrs Olson
Its Overflowing

Comments

  1. Nancy, thank you for sharing another of your poems. I always enjoy reading your poetry and admire your talent. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy- Thanks for the poem! It is fun to read it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nancy! I loved every word. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poems and prayers too....this one is beautiful....thank you...Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your poetry moves me. You should publish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this lovely verse, Nancy. It really made me think. And what I think is that you ARE a poem! (Your lovely words here is proof of this...) In fact I think we are all poems in our own way. We can do all those things as humans: soothe with touching words, change anger to smiles, brighten a day, ease a hurt. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post,I really like your article

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    Thanks for the poem you are so good at this so much fun to read it!! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday with you family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.