A Romantically, Musically Inclined Tablescape

Toile de Jouy, music, the Violin, English transferware, sentimental inherited items, poetry, antique linens, roses and lace...some of my favorite things are all gathered here for a Valentines Day table.  All of these things, to me, create an alluring table filled with romance, nostalgia, and love of music and family.
I hope they bring some of the same feelings to you.
Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.
~Ronald Reagan~

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
~Maya Angelou~


If music be the food of love, play on.
~William Shakespeare~ 
I alone of English writers have consciously set myself to make music out of what I may call the sound of sense.
~Robert Frost~

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
~Plato~

  If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
~Henry David Thoreau~

Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows.
~Napoleon Bonaparte~ 


Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
~Lao Tzu~
Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.
~Martin Luther~ 

What is a poet? An unhappy person who conceals profound anguish in his heart but whose lips are so formed that as sighs and cries pass over them they sound like beautiful music.
~Soren Keirkegaard~


I call architecture frozen music.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe~
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
~Victor Hugo~
 

I have a sweet tooth for song and music. This is my Polish sin.
~Pope John Paul II~
A few can touch the magic string, and noisy fame is proud to win them: Alas for those that never sing, but die with all their music in them!
~Oliver Wendell Holmes~
 I listened, motionless and still; And, as I mounted up the hill, The music in my heart I bore, Long after it was heard no more.
~William Wordsworth~
 There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres.
~Pythagoras~

Music can change the world because it can change people.
~Bono~


My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.
~Martin Luther~




Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.
~Ludwig van Beethoven~


Music is what feelings sound like
~Author unknown~


You are the music while the music lasts
~T. S. Eliot~



 
Tablescape Sources:

Sheet Music: At each place setting I displayed an antique, hand written piece of sheet music sent me by a wonderful Etsy shop, La Pomme.  These came from a music school in Aigues Mortes, in the South of France.  They all date to the very early 1900's.  
Toile fabric:  Either Schumacher or Waverly.  This is a large remnant, at least 15 years old, left from some custom draperies. 
Red Transferware Plates:  My Shop, www.nancysdailydish.net
Creamware Plates: Crown Ducal

Flatware: Barenthal, France 
Violin:  Ashton's ;-)
Wine Hocks: Waterford Clarendon
Tumblers: Indiana Glass, Ruby Flash, Kings Crown Thumbprint
Pink Damask Napkins: vintage and found at a yard sale
Beige cocktail napkins: Cayman Islands gift shop...long time ago
Pink Lace under centerpiece:  Kalyn's...it's a vest, all scrunched up.
Heart Confetti: Walmart
Silver Heart Shaped Bowls: Inherited from my Great Aunt and Uncle.




I'm joining:


From My Front Porch To Yours

The Scoop
Between Naps on the Porch 
Pink Saturday
Charm of Home
A Stroll Thru Life
French COuntry Cottage






Comments

  1. Oh Nancy, this is so beautiful, TDF! I so love music (and dishes!), and your poetry quotes mixed among the photos are a such wonderful couplings. I love how you fitted the cocktail napkins over the vintage pink damask. Pope JPII's quote - funny! I love the ivory Crown Ducal with your red transferware. Gosh, there's really nothing on that table I DON'T like. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for your continued inspiring tables. XO
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. And I adore those goblet covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post for Valentine's Day. I really enjoyed all the wonderful quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo? What about the plates and the goblet "footies"?
    Interestingly enough...I have enough of that "stuff" to pull it off...I have service for 12 of Mason's pink Vista transferware...no pink toile...but pink damask and white cutwork napkins...I have the ruby flash stemmed goblets and ruby glass tumblers.
    I have the hardware but lack the occasion...but I am having a luncheon in March....need to put on my thinking cap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, your post is a beautiful one full of thoughtful quotes. I like the way you share poetry and quotes. The music theme is lovely as are all the pretty details. Love the silver heart dish. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Nancy. I love the music theme. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous post, every element is sublime. Visiting you from The Scoop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.