Playing with Purple Transferware while they were at the Prom & SALE

Kids grow up so fast.  Last Saturday night my two babies attended their Jr. and Sr. prom.  I snapped a few photos before they left the house for their big night out with friends and dates and to catch them both looking snazzy~

 Ashton, my high school junior and her date, Jake
Trevor, my high school senior, attempting to look so cool…

I had as much fun staying at home as they did going to the Prom.  I played with dishes and if you ask me, I got the better deal!   I turned on some music and spent the better part of the evening pulling out some of my purple transferware collection and displaying it in our Master Bath over the tub. 
   
I like to layer varying shapes and sizes…larger pieces in the back and smaller ones towards the front…plus I can cram more in that way.


 The house has lots of beautiful woodwork and several of the walls in the bath area have this wonderfully deep molding, just perfect to double as a shelf.




Directly over the tub is another wall arrangement with some of the purple plates and one of my favorite green transferware platters.






Trevor brought me home a pink carnation  that evening and I put it in a miniature vase by the bathtub.








And lastly, a reminder that there is still time to take advantage of my online sale.  There are two days left to save 15% off everything when you use the code Bunny at checkout.  (Jewelry is 1/2 off with the code Jewelry).  






French COuntry Cottage Cozy Little HouseMProject Inspired Amaze Me Monday  Inspire Me Tuesday, Hope In Every SeasonWow Us Wednesday

Comments

  1. I love when you bring your dishes out to play, Nancy! Your kids are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy your kids are beautiful!! I hope they had a wonderful time at their prom! Your master bath is so pretty and your displays are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Oh, you have gorgeous children and they do look so happy! Your transferware always blows me away. Your bathroom is so pretty and I love how you have all of the spaces to place your dishes. The purple is so lovely. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so much fun when you have kiddos who humor your dish addiction! This year is our daughter's first prom, and I wish I had your purple transferware collection to take her photo with. She has a lavender dress. Thanks for the idea of what to keep busy with. I will dance with dishes, while they deal with a crowd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy:

    I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one with dishes in my bathroom! I too love to play with my dishes and it's been way too long.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I currently have blue and white but I may have to collect some purple as it would look great with the soft caramel and sort of apricot tile etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! What a relaxing bath...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the purple.Displays look awesome. Angels to you and your precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely LOVE your purple transferware and only have one piece myself! I'm always looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute couple they are! Love that you used your transferrer in the bathroom Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Nancy! Love the prom shots! Thank you for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, Nancy! (and so are the kids!) Thanks for sharing with us, you are featured this week at Ivy and Elephants. Feel free to drop by for a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.